PLEASE NOTE: THE INFORMATION BELOW IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WANTING TO ORDER OUR FIBRE UNLIMITED PLUS PRODUCTS (THIS IS NOT APPLICABLE TO OUR FIBRE UNLIMITED 40:10 PRODUCT
Why does the price change depending on where I live in the UK?
We can supply broadband to all parts of the UK but the cost may be higher for a small amount of our customers depending on where they live in the UK. This is due to the fact that the price we pay in these areas is regulated and costs more for us to provide to our customers. This constitutes approximately 10% of the UK (defined by our regulator Ofcom as Market A and to us a non-low cost area) whereas the other 90% of the UK is not regulated (known as Market B and to us a low cost area).
Market A Regulated areas as defined by Ofcom is where there is typically only 1 supplier with equipment in the telephone exchange whilst less regulated Market B areas are where there are 2 or more.
So what effect does the Broadband Access Market have on me?
Depending upon where you live, this will have an impact on the price you are paying because this price difference represents the price that we have to pay our wholesalers.
Many people will think the above unfair, but those are the rules as defined by the regulatory bodies, which has now resulted in a ‘two-tier’ broadband in the UK where pricing may likely vary depending upon your location.
Is my exchange in a low cost or non-low cost area?
We’ll confirm your area and monthly price after you’ve given us your number and postcode when you speak to us.
How much is Fibre broadband in each area?
|Area||Product||Contract||Max Speed (dl/ul)||Activation Charge||Price|
|Low Cost Area (Market B)||Fibre Unlimited Plus||12 months||80/20||£150||£33.99|
|Non Low Cost Area (Market A)||Fibre Unlimited Plus||12 months||80/20||£150||£49.99|