Below is a guide on what you should have received with your Modem and how to set it up.
- 1 x Thompson Speedtouch 330 ADSL Modem
- 1 x ADSL Line Cable (RJ11)
- 1 x Setup CD
- 2 x Mircofilters
- 1 x Manual
This Modem Supports the following operating systems:
Windows 98,98SE,ME,2000,XP,Vista,Mac OS 8 & OS 9, X 10.1 to 10.4, Linux
* Please note if you are running Windows Vista You may need to obtain a new CD form Thompson with Compatable Drivers on in order to you use this modem. You can also download them from here. If you are running another operating system that doesnt support the software on the CD e.g Mac OS X 10.5 or Linux you can download this from the Thompson Website by clicking here
- Below is what is an is illustration on what you should have received. Version 3.0 is the latest one.
Here are the steps to take in order to install your modem onto your PC or Apple Macintosh Computer
1. Fit a micro filter in between the wall socket and each device that shares the telephone line. This is not only telephones but can also include fax machines, burglar alarms, and any satellite equipment. Your modem pack will come with 2 filters but if you need more you can purchase these from any good computer store e.g dixons or PC World. We can also supply them for £4 each.
2. Plug the telephone cable into the DSL socket on the modem, and plug the other end into the micro filter socket marked DSL. * (You may find this is already plugged into the mdoem side. So you may only have to plug this into the DSL socket on the filter)
3. At this point do NOT plug the USB cable into the PC. Place the install CD into your PC. If the wizard doesnt start click on click on start, run then type in X:\setup.exe where X is the drive letter of your CD/DVD-Rom drive.
4. Select the language you wish to see the installtion instructions.
5. Follow the on screen instructions. Most settings are standard so you can leave them as needed.
6. If asked to plug in your ADSL modem into a free Avaliable USB port on your PC do so. Otherwise follow step 7 below.
7. Restart your computer and once reloaded plug in your modem into a avaliable USB port. You should then see a ballon on the botton right to say its found new hardware wait until its says its installed.
8. Locate and double click the Speedtouch Dialup icon on the desktop.
9. Enter in your Suffolk Online username which will be in the form of either your full phone number or your name @suffolkonline.ne
10. Enter in your Suffolk Online Password and click Connect.
- ADSL Modem
- ADSL Router
- BT Test Logins
- Connecting to Wireless
- Improving Broadband Speeds
- Setting up a Router
- Wireless Security
- General Server Information