If you are finding yourself unable to get online then this can be due to a number of reasons. Here are the steps to follow in order to either setup a connection from scratch or to delete an exisiting connection and resetup again.
Setting up Suffolk Online E-Mail in Mac OS X Mail
- Locate the ‘Mail‘ in the dock at the bottom of the screen
- Once Mail has loaded click on Mail at the top
- If you have not setup any accounts yet then a wizard should appear to help you through the process
- Click on Accounts in the Mail Preferences Window
- Click Create an Account
- Choose POP3 Account type from the Popup Menu
- In the Description field, type any name you want to identify this email address with.
- Click Ok when finished.
- In the E-Mail Address box enter in your Suffolk Online E-Mail Address
- In the Full Name Box enter in your name
- Under ‘Incoming Mail Server‘ enter in pop3.suffolkonline.net
- Under Username enter in the full email address
- In the Password Box enter in your password
- Under the outgoing mail server (SMTP) click ‘Server Settings’
- In the outgoing server box enter in: smtp.suffolkonline.net
- Authenication should be sent to “Password”
- Username should be your suffolkonline username
- Password your suffolkonline password.
- Click Ok
- Click on the X in the top left hand corner this will normally be a Red spot.
- ADSL Modem
- ADSL Router
- BT Test Logins
- Connecting to Wireless
- Improving Broadband Speeds
- Setting up a Router
- Wireless Security
- Broadband Speed Test
- General Server Information