Below is a guide on what you should have received with your Modem and how to set it up.
- Zyxel 660 USB / Ethernet ADSL Modem
- DSL Cable
- USB Cable
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Cable
- Software CD
NOTE:If you are running Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 please install the software on the computer before you plug in your modem router. You will also only need to only install the software if you are using the modem via USB.
Setup via USB
- Put the CD into the computer and run the installer on the screen. You should see the following screen.
2. Select Option one of the bottom two options. If you are not sure on which Operating System you have then call the helpdesk so we can help you find out.
3. Follow the on screen instructions but through out most of it you can simply click next and accept the standard settings.
4. It should ask you as shown below to plug in the USB modem.
5. Once you do this it may take a few moments but click yes. If Windows prompts you to locate a driver Ignore this and simply cancel the box as the setup program will do what you need.
6. Click Finish
7. Once this has been completed restart the computer and open up Internet Explorer or whichever browser you use
8. In the address bar type in type in http://192.168.1.1. You will be asked to enter a password, the default is 1234. Click Login and you may be asked if you wish to change this. We would suggest to leave it as it is.
9. You should be asked if you wish to use the advanced menu so select as show below
10. So simply click the button that says Ignore. It will then take you to the main administration page where you can login.
11. You will see a menu down the left hand side in which you can configure the device.
- ADSL Modem
- ADSL Router
- BT Test Logins
- Connecting to Wireless
- Improving Broadband Speeds
- Setting up a Router
- Wireless Security
- Broadband Speed Test
- General Server Information