This guide will help you through the basics to Setup your broadband router.
1 x Netgear N150 Router
1 x Power adapter
1 x Ethernet Cable
1 x Phone Line Cord + ADSL2 + Filter
Smart CD (You shouldnt need to use this when you setup as we will have already done this for you)
These routers also as an option for FREE come with parental controls. You can find out about this by going towww.netgear.com/lpc
1. Plug the yellow ethernet cable from the back of your router in on of yellow ports of your network card socket in the back of your PC or Mac.
2. Attached the grey/silver phone cord from the single grey socket to the far left on the back of your router and the other end into the microfilter where its marked as internet/adsl.
3. Plug the mains power cable in and if no lights come on then press the power button on the back.
4. Plug the filter into your phone line and also plug your house phone into phone socket on your filter so then you can use your phone at the same time as being online.
As mentioned in a previous step if this is a router we have supplied to you and this is the first time you are connecting this up you need not do anything else it will connect for you straight away. If not please follow the steps below.
In the address bar along the top where you would normally type in a website address e.g www.bbc.co.uk type in the following: http://192.168.0.1 and press enter
* Please note that the address 192.168.0.1 or username and password may not be the case on another brand of router or a secondhand /used router. If this is the case you will need to reset this by following the instructions in the manual which if you dont have you can download from the suppliers website.
It should prompt you for a username and password this could be one of the following:
Admin / Admin
Admin / Password
Admin / 1234
Select Basic Settings from the left hand menu and over in the middle pane it should ask for the following:
1. Does your internet connection require a login: Yes
2. In the username and password boxes enter in your Suffolk Online Broadband Username and password that is in your welcome letter or give us a ring at the helpdesk.
Select the apply button down at the bottom and within a few moments the connection should be up and working.
3. Click on ADSL Settings down the left hand menu and again the middle pane should change make sure the following settings are in place.
Multiplexing Method: VC-Based
Once you have setup the router and if you want to use the wireless you can do the following:
Select Wireless Settings from the left hand menu you can follow our wireless security guide in order to setup a wireless key. If this is the first time you have setup this router this will have been done for you and found on a printed card in with your router.
- ADSL Modem
- ADSL Router
- BT Test Logins
- Connecting to Wireless
- Improving Broadband Speeds
- Setting up a Router
- Wireless Security
- Broadband Speed Test
- General Server Information