If you are would like to know how to setup your email account then please follow the instructions below.
Setting up Suffolk Online E-Mail in Mozilla Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird
- Select Tools from the Top
- Click on Account Settings
- Down on the bottom left of the account settings. Click on Add Account
- Select E-Mail account click next
- In the Your Name enter in Your name
- In the Email address box enter in your Suffolk Online E-Mail Address
- Enter in your password
- Thunderbord will then automatically go and collect the server names for you if not you can select Manual Setup.
(If you choose Manual Setup you will be taken back to the main account settings window where you can fill out the details fthat are needed. If you are not sure what thses are. You can find them on our general settings page)
- Select POP from the type of incoming mail server box
- In the Server Name box type in: pop3.suffolkonline.net
- Click Next
- In the Username box enter in your Suffolk Online Username
- At the bottom of the Left Hand Box select Outgoing Server (SMTP), then click add on the right hand side
- In the description enter in Suffolk Online and In Server Name enter: smtp.suffolkonline.net. These settings can be also found under our general settings section.
- Under Security and Authenication click on ‘Use name and password’ and enter your full email address in the username box
- Your will then see a screen that shows you all the settings that you have entered. Please varify that these are correct and click Finish
- Click Ok it will then take you back to thunderbird
- Once finished when you try to send an email or do a “send and receive” you may get a box asking for your password. In here, simply type in your email password and then this should be ok.
- ADSL Modem
- ADSL Router
- BT Test Logins
- Connecting to Wireless
- Improving Broadband Speeds
- Setting up a Router
- Wireless Security
- Broadband Speed Test
- General Server Information