Below is a guide on what you should have received with your Modem and how to set it up.
- 1 x Zyxel 630c ADSL Modem
- 1 x ADSL Line Cable (RJ11)
- 1 x Setup CD
- 2 x Mircofilters
- 1 x Manual
This Modem Supports the following operating systems:
* Please note if you are running Windows Vista You may need to obtain a new CD form Thompson with Compatable Drivers on in order to you use this modem. You can also download them from here. If you are running another operating system that doesnt support the software on the CD e.g Mac OS X 10.5 or Linux you can download this from the Thompson Website by clickinghere
- Below is what is an is illustration on what you should have received. Version 3.0 is the latest one.
Here are the steps to take in order to install your modem onto your PC or Apple Macintosh Computer
1. Fit a micro filter in between the wall socket and each device that shares the telephone line. This is not only telephones but can also include fax machines, burglar alarms, and any satellite equipment. Your modem pack will come with 2 filters but if you need more you can purchase these from any good computer store e.g dixons or PC World. We can also supply them for £4 each.
2. Plug the telephone cable into the DSL socket on the modem, and plug the other end into the micro filter socket marked DSL. * (You may find this is already plugged into the mdoem side. So you may only have to plug this into the DSL socket on the filter)
3. At this point do NOT plug the USB cable into the PC. Place the install CD into your PC. If the wizard doesnt start click on click on start, run then type in X:\setup.exe where X is the drive letter of your CD/DVD-Rom drive.
4. Select the language you wish to see the installtion instructions.
5. Follow the on screen instructions. Most settings are standard so you can leave them as needed.
6. If not select make sure PPPoA, is selected and press Next
7. Then on the next screen select the framing type which is VCMUX / NULL then select Next.
8. It should ask you then to restart the computer. Once this has been done and the computer has loaded up again you can proceed to step 9.
9. Restart your computer and once reloaded plug in your modem into a avaliable USB port. You should then see a ballon on the botton right to say its found new hardware wait until its says its installed.
10. Locate and double click the Zyxel 630c Dialup icon on the desktop.
11. Enter in your Suffolk Online username which will be in the form of either your full phone number or your chosen email@example.com
12. Enter in your Suffolk Online username and Password and click Connect. The first inital connection might take a few seconds but you should see a couple of solid lights on the modem to start with.
Hardware – Zyxel Modems Only
If you find that after upgrading to Windows Vista, you can’t reinstall your broadband modem, please find instructions below. In most circumstances you should be able to use the instructions below and the modem will continue to work with Vista. If it doesn’t then you may need to visit’s the manufacturers website to download the most recent drivers for your modem.
Insert the Zyxel CD and then cancel any onscreen prompts to install the programme either automatically or manually at this stage. Also do not connect Modem at this time
1. Find “Help & Support” on Start Menu.
2. Open and type in ‘Programme Compatability’
3. Follow the prompts and start the programme.(Option3)
4. Select ‘Next’ then choose ‘locate the programme manually’
5. Browse to the CD drive and locate the folder ‘Drivers’ and select ‘setup.exe’ as the source.
6. Follow the prompts given on the wizard and the installation programme will pop up on the screen and then click on ‘Install Drivers’ (+ Allow )( you will be given at some stage a selection of choices to setup the Modem, I chose all the default ones that were ticked initially.). Plug in modem when asked
7. Part of the way through a ‘new hardware found’ wizard appears and prompts you to install the drivers, follow the onscreen instructions to do this as well as the prompts that the instructions is giving you about the install – it appears that the drivers are being installed twice but you have to allow this to happen.
8. You will be prompted for your user name and password but Vista will not retain this after install and it will have to be entered again manually when you ‘dial up’, don’t forget to tick the ‘remember password’ box
9.You should then have two Zyxel Icons on your desktop, click on Zyxel Dialup and the normal dialup screen appears where you put user name / password in and then click connect. Should all work hopefully.
10. If not go through the procedure again and select Uninstall as Option, then re-install again from scratch.
11. Restart machine and then reconnect.
- ADSL Modem
- ADSL Router
- BT Test Logins
- Connecting to Wireless
- Improving Broadband Speeds
- Setting up a Router
- Wireless Security
- Broadband Speed Test
- General Server Information