Below is a guide on what you should have received with your Modem and how to set it up.
- 1 x Thompson Speedtouch 563 1 Port Modem/Router.
- 1 x Blue USB Cable
- 1 x Grey ADSL Cable (This will be what you connect from your microfilter to grey port on the back of your Speedtouch device).
- 1 x Yellow Ethernet Cable
- 1 x Power Supply
- 2 x Broadband ( ADSL Filters )
- 1 x Install CD / Documentation
How to set this up.
1) When you have unpacked your modem/router you should have see the following:
2) Unplug the nearest telephone to where you wish to place your modem and attach one of the supplied microfilters. Then plug your
phone into the filters Phone Socket .
3) Using the supplied grey phone cable connect one end to the DSL port on Speedtouch Router to the DSL socket on your ADSL Filter.
a) Using the supplied blue USB Cable connect the square end to the back of the Speedtouch Router.
b) Using the supplied Yellow Ethernet Cable, connect port 1 of your Speedtouch Router to the network LAN Connection of your PC.
(If you have a network card in your PC we would recommend you to use this instead of using USB)
5) Plug in the Mains Power adapter to the Speedtouch Router and the other end to a Mains Outlet.
Setting up the device on your Computer
Place the provided CD into your computers CD Drive. This should run automatically.
1) Please wait Loading
2) Click on Install USB Slave Driver
3) You should now see a screen that is telling you that the driver is installing.
4) Once this has been installed It should say the following “Congratulations! Driver successfully installed. Simply then
select Quit and plug in the USB cable that you attached earlier from the modem to a spare USB port on your PC.
5) You should see the yellow balloon telling you it’s found a USB Device and that it’s a Speedtouch Modem it has detected.
This should disappear on its own after a few moments.
6) Follow the instructions below from Steps1 to Step 6. One you have compelted this you should then be online.
1) Open up your Internet Browser and in the address bat enter the following
http://192.168.1.254 and then press enter, you will then be logged into the Thompson Speedtouch web interface. You just now need to enter the details
of your connection by doing the following.
1) Select Broadband Connection from the left hand menu like the one shown below.
2) It will ask you then to enter in your Suffolk Online Username & Password, then select Connect over on the right hand side. These will be in the letter that was sent to you. If you still need this please contact the Support Desk. The Remember Password box should already be ticked if not please tick this.
3) Once you have completed the previous step you should be able to now check the status of your connection. You can do this by clicking on link below which is located
Below where you entered your broadband username and password.
4) Once you have select like in the picture above you should see the following screen. Leave the service to Internet and click on Check Connectivity.
5) Once this has been completed and if everything has been entered in correctly you use should see the following screen.
6) You can now close down your internet browser and you’re now set up to go online. If you have any questions or comments please ring the helpdesk on 01473 345305 or
- ADSL Modem
- ADSL Router
- BT Test Logins
- Connecting to Wireless
- Improving Broadband Speeds
- Setting up a Router
- Wireless Security
- Broadband Speed Test
- General Server Information